Sunday, November 11, 2012

Control

Don't worry, all! We have not forgotten the blog!

We've been waiting for some real news before we post, and had a couple delays from our expectations. Basically, we (mostly me) have been learning a lot about letting go of control and accepting God's plan and timing. Seems I need a lot of reminders about this!

To let you know where we are: Our paperwork is in country and registered, and we are just waiting on official word of travel dates. Saying that my emotions are high at this point, is a definite understatement! I was talking to Drew on the phone tonight (he left today for a business conference), and he was telling me that everyone there already knows all about the adoption. We both just chuckled over his statement. When people ask us about what is going on in our lives right now, this adoption and meeting our son are definitely the primary focus for both of us! We may not be able to post pictures of him on the blog yet, but it is guaranteed that everyone we see in person is forced to admire the pictures we have of our Little Man.

It's so funny how God works. This time last year, we would have said we probably wouldn't be having kids for a few more years. Now, we are about 6 months into this calling, and He is constantly having to slow me down! I suppose I always have been passionate when it comes to my family. Even Drew, who is almost always calm and easy-going, has started to catch the anxious bug. I know it will be hard to leave him there after our first trip, but we both feel so ready to meet our boy and make this thing more real.

And now, as has become the norm, I will wrap up with some pictures to show how we have been spending our time.


We have been doing some recreational reading. (These are the last two books I completed.)
We celebrated our little guy's third birthday with wonderful friends!




  
We can't wait to celebrate your next birthday with you, Little Man! 


And here is a photo set that sums up our feelings about waiting.
We hope to post again soon with more news! Keep checking back!

Also, if any of our readers have any questions, we would love to do our best to answer them! Just leave a comment on this post, or send us a text or Facebook message, and include your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment