Sunday, July 14, 2013

Weekend

Drew's dad came over to meet O and brought him some Legos at lunch on Thursday. He was really excited about the set. On Friday morning, we decided to watch the 4th Harry Potter movie during E's morning nap. He has the books memorized so well that I just provided some scene narration every once in a while and he could follow most of the dialogue and storyline even though it was in English. During the movie he brought in his new legos and asked me to build him a car. So I followed the instructions from the set, and we ended up with a cool dump truck. It was a fun morning. 



O needed a bandaid on his hand on Friday afternoon. We have learned that he REALLY dislikes bandaids. At dinner on Friday night, he was really upset that we wouldn't let him take the bandage off. I told him we could take it off in the morning, and he started bargaining with me.

"Off at goodnight," O argued.
"No. Off tomorrow. Off in the morning," I repeated.
"Ok," he countered, "Off at 6. Good morning 6."
"No. Good morning at 7." *Chuckling because we have to clarify wake-up time every night.*
"Off at 6," he tried again.
*Feeling bad because his hand is really sore and because he has such a real disdain for the bandaid, I experience a moment of weakness.*
"Alright, how about good morning at 6:30? Bandaid off at 6:30."
"Ok," he capitulated with obvious frustration.

Fast forward. No other mention is made of our agreement for the rest of the evening and no reminders are given. And what do you know...6:30am. On. The. Dot. O comes gleefully into our room and announces, "6:30! Off!"

Happy Saturday!

Great memory, this one. - -The photo is hazy, not unlike my early morning eyesight and mental capacity.
It was still really early, so I thought I might give Drew a break (once I am up, I can't go back to sleep). I asked O if he wanted a "warm vanilla milk" from Starbucks. He happily replied, "Yes," so I told him to put on his shoes. He shook his head and said, "No. I home. YOU Starbucks." It was really funny, but caught me so off guard. He has only been here for two weeks, and had his first ever trip to Starbucks just one week prior. It really is crazy how far we have come this week. The fact that he would make a request and be willing to express his desire shows that he is opening up more with us. (Putting together on his own that I could get the Starbucks without his help and bring it back just shows his smarts - and trickiness!) It actually worked out really well though, because I needed to make a quick grocery run--And trips to the store are much easier without his help. Also, it meant I got to listen to the radio and sip my coffee all by myself!


And I came home to this cute scene! O brought the headphones and iPod into our room and took my spot while I was out. Love these two guys!

I mean, seriously.
My parents came to visit on Saturday. They arrived right around lunch and were kind enough to bring leftovers with them and feed us! That's right -- steak and potatoes for lunch!

After lunch, my dad decided to take a nap on the couch...


And O decided to make some music on the keyboard at full volume...I don't think much napping was accomplished.



We went out to dinner, and O got his first pizza of the summer.

Thanks, Gamie and Gandolf! We had a great day!
O is good about taking his dishes to the kitchen after meals. I snapped two photos at breakfast when he went to put his bowl in the dishwasher this morning.



O found some hats when we went to Target with my mom on Saturday. He picked this one out as his favorite (just knowing how it fit and that I told him it was black), and my mom was sweet enough to get it for him. It was raining after church today, so he decided to wear his hat to the restaurant. He also had everyone at the table try it on, and we would tell him if it was big or small or good.


Our friends Erica and Karl let us visit them again this afternoon. Karl gave O a little drum lesson today. Then he got shy and didn't want to play the drums for me.



We just love Major!! O asks at least every other day if we can go play with Maj.





Erica found a Nerf gun and let O play with it. I just said no aiming at people or the dog and he agreed.


First fruit smoothie


These guys are the best!

O LOVES Karl so much!

Probably because he's so great with kids!!
We're going to start a business where we visit peoples' homes and show them how to boy-proof their house. O has been practicing at Erica and Karl's house. (Sorry again about that candle!)


Oh, and I almost forgot about our Sunday morning miracle. O slept until 7:30! I was awake expectantly at 7 of course. And I finally peeked in to check on him at 7:15 because I was convinced that something must be wrong! He was still breathing though, so I just made some coffee. One day I will figure out how to fall back to sleep.

We had a great finish to the week, and we are excited to see what we will learn about each other this next week!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, you totally stole the thing about starting a business of child-proofing homes from me. But, I guess that Gus and O would be targeting totally different markets. ;) I have been reading your blog, but not commenting-- I'm lazy like that. I love seeing how well you all are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!! I love it all, but that last pic is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you guys, and that boy looks awesome in a hat. I'm jealous of your 7:30 AM - gotta get up at 6:00 AM tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete